For those of us lucky enough to not get taken.. here are some things happening when all the wingnuts are gone…
- Rapture Day
- Ready, Set, Inflate!: The National Safe Boating Council is trying to break its first world record attempt to see how many people around the world can inflate a life jacket at once…They might get more than theybargained for if Camping’s predictions play out.
- National Memo Day
- Largest raft of canoes: Speaking of world record attempts, over in Cleveland, Ohio, they’re trying to make the largest raft out of canoes and kayaks…again a large raft may come in handy later on in the day.
- Buy a Musical Instrument Day.
- Lucky penny day: Find a penny, pick it up; all day long you’ll have good luck…If only this had been before May 21.
- National Pickle Day
- Citizen Fish at the WOW Hall.
- National Escargot Day
- Hug Your Cat Day. Who is going to hug your cat if the world ends? Nicolas Cage?
- Nerd Pride Day or Geek Pride Day
- National Tap Dance Day – in honor of the birthday of legendary tap dancer Bill “Bojangles” Robinson on May 25, 1878.
- Towel Day: Every year fans of Douglas Adams’ the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy carry a towel around with them on this day…it was referenced in the book, they’re not just mad.
- Zoopolis 500: It’s like the Indianapolis 500…just with tortoises. Every year the Indianapolis zoo gets a group of tortoises down a track in order to win a ‘fresh fruit tray.’
- “Change Every Picture on the Internet to a Cat GIF Day.” Ok, fine, I made that up, but let’s make it happen, heathens!
May 27 –
- Sunscreen Protection Day
May 27, 28, 29, 30
- Indianapolis 500 Race: The ‘greatest spectacle in racing’ may have to give way to the last spectacle on earth…But if it does go ahead the 95th Indianapolis 500 Race should be a cracker.
- National Macaroon Day.