I just uploaded some minor updates to my free FTP client for windows. Back in the 90s I fell in love with WS-FTP, over time their UI changed a lot and I hated it, and didn’t see a reason to continue paying for it. So I wrote my own clone that had a UI that was very close to what I preferred working with. Eventually some colleagues convinced me to release it for free… so here it is:
“This new version has many fixes geared towards Windows 7 and Windows Vista users. This FTP Client is included with Perl Scripting Tool as a FREE stand alone application. This feature-rich FTP Client makes FTP a snap. TNL-FTP is a feature-rich drag-and-drop FTP client. With a look and feel that is comfortable and straight forward to use.
What’s New in 1.9?
• Now Supports Resume on Uploads and Downloads
• Send Raw FTP commands directly to the ftp server.
• Open Local Files (instead of just VIEW).
• Optional Gridlines on Directory Listings.
• Several Bugs Corrected.
• Minor Cosmetic Changes.
• Multiple Profiles
• Advanced Connection Settings
• Automatic Transfer Mode Detection (I.e. Binary, ASCII)
• Full SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 Proxy Server Support.
• Full Drag and Drop File Transfers.
• Advanced functions such as CHMOD, Passive Transfers and Resumes.
TNL-FTP’s UI is styled after classic versions of WS-FTP to give you a familiar look and feel.
TNL-FTP is free and can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD TNL-FTP
TNL-FTP Homeage:: http://tnlftp.tnlsoft.com